Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New(ish) job

After saying a fond farewell to being a librarian and geography/ environmental science teacher at Hastings College in August, I am now well established as the Earth Sciences teacher at Bexhill College.

I've jumped from having 10 AS students to 88 AS and 24 A2, in addition to adding geology to my repertoire and managing the department (which consists of myself and a cover teacher) until the new head of department starts in January.

It's been brilliant so far - far too busy but good for all that. I miss the folks I used to work with, but everyone has been lovely to me here. I'm even going to staff yoga every week. Going to Drusilla's with the AS Env Sci on monday, the NHM with all the geologists after half term, and to the Isle of Arran with the geologists at the end of february. Maybe even an Iceland trip coming up with the geographers at easter. After a travel dry spell things are looking up - especially with the honeymoon cruise round the med next summer. It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it :)

In other news, Tiger turns five this month, so we'll have to have a birthday party for him soon :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home